Wednesday 20 February 2013

DAY TWO


Wednesday February 20th, 2013

DAY TWO-  Hey! So, day two asks me to write a list of things I like about myself.  At least 5, that's not too much to ask.  I don't think I have an issue with confidence, or finding things to love about myself.  Obviously as everyone does, I have my insecurities, but I have just as many reasons to love myself (if not more than) as I do to be hard on myself.  So here it goes.

Physically:
1) I like my eyes, theyre entrancing and beautiful
2) I like my smile, its huge and can light up a room. 
3) I like my stomach, I was blessed by nature with a decently toned mid section.

Emotionally/inside of me:
1) I like my sense of humor
2) I like my lack of regard for public opinion
3) I like my independence
4) I like the way I care about and empathize with those who matter in my life

Ive actually found this harder that it seemed.  When I think in my head I feel that the list could go on and on and on but as soon as I try to get it down on the screen it disappears.  It is hard to verbalize all the things you know inside that you love.  Maybe that's why we all tend to focus so much on the negative. I found myself concerned that I would be seen as conceited or vain by those reading this.  Society seems to tell us that we can go on and on all day about all the things that are wrong with us, but if we spend more than a small amount of time focusing on our strengths we end up getting looked down upon.  Ostracised and scolded for thinking too highly of ourselves.  REVELATION! haha, only day two and I'm understanding already.
Until tomorrow!
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment